- Our traditional Flour Bluff community
- Our expanding Padre Island community
- Our NAS/CCAD military community
- Our wonderful tuition students from all across Nueces County
- Parent volunteers and business community partners
Great Academic Programs
- TEA Recognized campuses
- Early College High School program where students earn up to 2 years of college credit upon completion of high school
- SAIL Program for gifted and talented students K-12
- Pre-Advanced, Advanced Placement and Dual Credit courses for college credit
- Math/Science/English Academy at the Junior High School
- Balanced Literacy PreK-6
- Rich elective offerings at all campuses
- Outstanding Fine Arts and Performing Arts K-12
- Extended Career and Technology Education offerings, e.g. Health Science, Project Lead the Way (Engineering), Ready, Set, Teach!, CRAFT Training Center courses, Regional Technical Center at Del Mar College
- Merit & Commended Scholars
- SAT/ACT scores above the state and national average
- Military Academy appointments each year
- Eighth grade HEB week-long camping experience
- AVID program with before and after school tutorials
- The Janet F. Harte Public Library and the Flour Bluff High School Library are combined to provide one of the most outstanding collections available in the city.
- The district has outstanding athletic facilities, including a natatorium, three gyms, two tracks, tennis courts, baseball and softball fields and multi-purpose field houses. Recently a new 5200 square foot athletic facility with a state of the art weight room, locker rooms, sports medicine, offices and a covered 50 yard practice field has been added.
- The Performing Arts Department auditorium has seating for 1400 to accommodate music and choir concerts and theater productions.
- Each elementary campus has covered gyms.
- Updated Pre-K classrooms and outdoor play area at the Early Childhood Center.
- New state of the art science labs have been added to the Intermediate, Junior High and High School.
- State of the art music, choir and theater rooms have been added to the Intermediate and Junior High schools.
- All campuses are located on one block along Waldron and Hustlin Hornet roads.
- 57 acres are dedicated to environmental exploration and study, with a public wetlands pavilion.
- The Hornet Spirit Shop offers parents one stop shopping for spirit wear year round.
- A $48 million dollar bond election in 2013 continues to add new facilities and update campuses and departments across the district.
Great Extracurricular Programs
- NJROTC National Championship teams
- Our outstanding band (color guard and twirlers) and choir programs have earned district and regional recognition each year.
- Stingline Drill Team at the High School.
- The athletic programs routinely compete at regional and state levels (Football, Volleyball, Cross Country, Basketball, Track, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Soccer, Baseball, Softball and Golf).
- UIL academics are offered at grades 3-12.
- UIL High School Academic Regional Championships include Decathlon and Octathlon.
- JH MATHCOUNTS teams have scored at state and national levels for many years.
- JH TMSCA (Math & Science) have won at state for many years
Visual Arts Scholastic Events, students compete at regional and state levels.
- High School Robotics, Business Professionals of America, Health Science and SKILLS USA have state and national winners.
- State and National acclaimed Oceans Environmental Program at the Intermediate.
- A large variety of student activities and community service clubs are available at all campuses.
Great Teachers and Staff
We have veteran teachers who are recognized for their academic credentials and many quality applicants for our positions. We have teachers recognized at the Regional and State level by TEA – i.e. Teacher of the Year. We have nationally recognized teachers and National Board Certified teachers.
Great School Environment
Our students are our partners in promoting good discipline. Students are required to treat others with respect. We believe in keeping parents informed about their student’s academic and social progress. Our schools are a safe and secure environment for all our students and staff.
FBISD Is Effective
FBISD partners with community agencies such as the City of Corpus Christi (Harte Library), Craft Training Center, Del Mar College, Driscoll Children’s Hospital, and Christus Spohn Hospital to establish well- rounded Career and Technology programs to students of Flour Bluff High School. FBISD also collaborates with Texas A&M Corpus Christi to provide partnerships for student teachers earning their teaching certification and dual credit for high school students.
Great Governance Team
The FBISD Board of Trustees was recognized by the state as the Outstanding School Board of 2000 in Texas. The Board has a vision for Flour Bluff Schools and works together to achieve goals which benefit our students.
A Message to Parents from the Superintendent
While celebrating a distinguished traditional past, Flour Bluff Schools are focused on the future. We are preparing our students to be successful in a changing and challenging world.
We care what parents think about education and welcome you to participate as a partner in your child’s education.
For More Information:
Public Information Coordinator