The Flour Bluff ISD school bus drivers and Transportation staff are looking forward to welcoming students for the 2018-2019 school year. The mission of the Transportation Department is to provide quality transportation services for students in a positive and safe manner with a commitment to service and excellence. To ensure everyone gets to and from school safely, below are a few tips and helpful information.
- The first day of school traffic will be congested with parents dropping of students. Traffic will be heavy. Remember to remain patient and courteous so everyone has a great first day.
- During the first few weeks of school, buses may be running a little behind due to heavy school traffic and congestion at the campuses. In addition, delays may occur around the campuses due to traffic light issues.
- During the first few weeks of school, Junior High and High School bus routes will be the most affected by bus pick-up and drop-off delays.
- Bus routes traveling to and from Naval Air Station-Corpus Christi will be delayed due to road construction taking place on the Base.
- School Bus Routes may be adjusted during the first few days of school. Bus routes are posted on the Flour Bluff ISD Transportation web page. Check it periodically to verify your child’s pick-up and drop-off times.
School Zone Safety tips to remember throughout the school year:
- Walkers should utilize crosswalks for the safety of walkers and drivers. When utilizing the crosswalks, only push the “cross button” once. Pushing the button multiple times can cause the traffic lights to not work properly.
- Follow the instructions and guidance of the Crossing Guards.
- Drivers should expect the unexpected – slow down, stay alert, and be prepared to stop quickly around school buses and in school zones.
- Watch for blinking school zone signals and obey the speed limits. The school zone on Waldron Road is 20 MPH throughout the entire school day, 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Avoid using a cell phone, unless it is completely hands-free, while driving in a school zone.
For questions or more information on school bus transportation eligibility, routes, etc., please contact the Transportation Department at 694-9704 or 694-9702 or visit the Flour Bluff ISD Transportation website.