During a Special Called Board Meeting on Thursday, August 5, the Flour Bluff ISD Board of Trustees approved pay increases for all school district employees. The pay increases for staff include the following:
- $1,200 pay increase for all teachers
- 2% pay raise for Administrators (Increase at the mid-point of the salary range)
- 3% pay raise for Paraprofessionals (Increase at the mid-point of the salary range)
- 3% pay raise for Auxiliary (Increase at the mid-point of the salary range)
Additionally, the Board was provided information on the option to provide retention stipends for all employees. If approved by the Board of Trustees during the August 26th Regular Board Meeting, a retention stipend will be paid out to employees in December 2021 and May 2022 which coincides with the end of the fall and spring semesters.
- $1000 Teacher Retention Stipend ($500 paid December 2021; $500 paid May 2022)
- $750 All Other Staff ($375 paid December 2021; $375 paid May 2022)
“Together with the Board, we have worked to ensure all employees receive a pay increase this year and reward our employees for their perseverance and commitment to our students,” said Velma Soliz-Garcia, Flour Bluff ISD Superintendent of Schools.
Employees can expect to see the pay increase reflected in the September paychecks.